Thursday, August 22, 2013

5 Questions, 5 Books

So, it takes me a long time to finish an interview. Mostly it's my fault. I noticed recently that several of the interviews I had already posted looked shoddy. Frankly I found them sort of insulting to the poets I'd featured, and so I spent a bit of time lately reformatting things, getting spacing right and trying to figure out the best way to make everything on the blog looking top-notch.

Now I'm nearly done with one more interview, and I've started another one, which I already know will take some time because the poet in question told me they've been busy and will continue to be. In the meantime, I'll think of a second poet to start working with so I can have two interviews going at the same time. I want content, lots of it, more of it.

To that end, I'm starting a couple of new features here on the Toledo Poetry Museum Blog. My idea is to sort of 'curate' an exhibit of Toledo's taste in literature, you know, make this blog an actual (virtual) Poetry Museum. I'm going to do short, 5 question interviews, with folks about their experience with poetry. All kinds of people, people who are pastors, teachers, Mayors, students, mechanics, poetry lovers and haters, farmers, psychiatrists, chefs, Old Angel Midnight, you name it. Then I'm also going to ask different people to give me a list of their five favorite books to share with you, dear readers. The lists might be brief, or they might be elaborate. In my experience book lovers have a lot to say about the stories that shaped them. I'm really excited about a few of the lists I've already collected.

I'll get this party started in a day or two, when I post my own list of top 5 Books, and then I'll answer the 5 Questions a few days later. I want to build a nice catalog of both before I start posting so I don't have big lags in content.

Thanks for reading, by the way. It looks like I got a big bump in visits when I re-posted Bob's interview. I'm grateful for your time and interest. Now go write some poems!

No comments:

Post a Comment